Terms and Conditions for Erato Human Rights Film festival
The main objective of Eratoo Human Rights Film Festival is to bridge the gaps between different cultures through the Cinema, so the festival, by screening number of films to the cinema audience, will work on being one of promoting factors towards developing the Cinema in the region, besides discovering new resources that will create new horizons for the festival.
The festival is organized by Eratoo Organization for Culture, Media and Arts of state of Libya.
The festival is organized annually in December month
The festival’s main activities are:
A- ( the film competition)
• International competition for short films: (drama, documentary, animation),
• Local competition for short films: (drama, documentary, animation)
The competition rules:
• Time for competing film should not exceed (30 Min) in length, this includes drama short films.
• Time for Competing film should not exceed (30 Min) in length, this includes short documentary and animation films.
There will be judges’ board that will decide on winning films of both international and local films:
• Eratoo Golden prize,
• Eratoo silver prize,
• Eratoo bronze prize.
There will be also a special prize to be awarded by the judges that will be announced on the later time during the festival events.
(B). Activities to be held along with main activities:
There will be discussion seminars that will witness the involvement of films’ directors, journalists, the audience and the cinema craftspeople. Also, training workshops on short films industry concerning human rights will be held as well:
• Training workshops,
• Discussion seminars,
• Arts gallery.
• The board is composed of both Arabic and international cinema prominent figures,
• It contains five members, including the president, and two of them must be of international members,
• The festival board shall have sole right to appoint the judgment board,
• A director their film competing in the festival, must not be among the judgment board members.
General requirements for films competition:
• competing films must be either in Arabic or English, or be subtitled into either language,
• competing films must be submitted either on (DVD); that must be compatible with and operable on DVD player, or through loadable link,
• They Must be of production year of 2018-2019,
• They must be focusing on issues of human rights and/or social issues,
• The name of film, film’s director and their e-mail address must be submitted along with their films,
• Any promotions and\or notifications used for promoting films in previous competitions must be deleted before being submitted,
• A phrase of (for cultural purposes only) must be written on a submitted envelope containing a competing film,
• entrants, for the purpose of advertising and promoting the festival, agree on broadcasting trailers of their films either through TVs or the website
• films are to be kept by the festival board’s library in order to be used for research and documentary purposes,
• no fees nor any kind of compensation will be paid by the festival board to the entrants,
• The festival board shall keep the right either to pass or reject any film without providing any justifications,
• The festival board will not accept the submission of any an entry application after the deadline defined hereof,
• An entry to the festival is made through filling-in special application form,
• The deadline for the submission of films is set on 30\September\2019
Publicity materials for films must include:
• A brief-detailed information on a film either in Arabic or English,
• Information on film’s director , actors and actresses,
• film’s publicity guidelines book,
• film’s poster to be used in cinema theatre entrances,
• Film’s poster designed for newspapers use,
• TV trailers of three minutes in length.
Films passed to compete in the festival are to be selected by special committee to be appointed by the festival board and made up of film critics and producers.
The festival board will grant certificate of participation to directors their films screened in the festival.
Either local or international organizations are allowed to grant money prizes to wining films in the festival.
The withdrawal of a film is not allowed while the festival event is taking place, nor it is allowed to be out-screened; in cinema venues not assigned for the festival.
A competing film is to be screened once during the event.
The festival organizer “Eratoo Organization” keeps the right to interpret and\or takes decisions on any issues that are not being stipulated hereof. Moreover, it shall have the right to make any exceptions required to improving the festival’s activities after having been announced.
DVDs and CDs in full HD quality along with publicity materials for competing films are to be sent to the festival’s E-mail address appeared hereof :
Festival address: Secretariat of Erato Human Rights Film Festival, Tripoli, Libya
Competing Films are also allowed to be sent via land or air mail.
These articles are issued in Tripoli capital of Libya in Arabic version and translated into English. In case of inconsistency, the Arabic version shall prevail.
• An Entry to the festival shall constitute your consent on all terms and conditions hereof,
• This document includes (16) articles.